Sunday, January 15, 2012

" Change "




We all know that " Change " is inevitable. Or at least we should. 
I believe that once we accept " Change " as a part of life things often go smoother.

There is a saying that I have always tried to remember during times of "Change". I don't know who said it but I have always felt that it was very true and it goes something like this, 

" The only constant in life is change."

I may not have that word for word but it's close enough for you to get it. I have always prided myself in the way that I deal with "Change". Probably better than others do but in reality I often times find myself kicking and screaming over certain changes.

Things today seem to change at lightening speed. Or could it be that the older we get, things seem to change at lightening speed? That is a question that I cannot answer with full knowledge.

Anyone over Fifty can tell you that the world has changed drastically since we were children. I think that we Baby boomers have adapted quite well. And most of my friends sincerely seem to try to keep up with these changes.

I have noticed that women seem to deal better with change. I'm not trying to offend my male friends here but if you study how women and men react to change, I think you'll notice that men seem to go off on tirades when there are changes in their lives.

I wonder why that is? The ability to adapt to change may not be easy or pleasurable but it is certainly a necessity if we are to survive and function with confidence in the days ahead.

Adapting to change can be frustrating to say the least. Example: I had to change to Google Chrome from Firefox because I wasn't able to comment on some other Blogs.

I have tried Google Chrome twice and didn't care for it except for the fact that it enabled me to play Angry Birds.  I am by NO means a game player but while recovering from knee surgery in August, I found this game to be a pleasant distraction.  

This was a change that I did not want to make but sometimes, like it or not, we must except change.

Change can be a good thing and a bad thing. If things aren't going your way, you can almost be sure that they will change for the better eventually. Likewise, when things are going well, you can also be sure that something will eventually happen that may not be so happy.

So I guess the best thing to do is to learn to except change, maybe not necessarily willingly but most definitely with the understanding that it is inevitable and perhaps with a bit of grace.  

11 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, change and growth go together, don't they. Regarding Firefox and blogs, I have had no problem with Firefox. I do keep it updated so maybe that's why.... No clue....

Diana said...

Hi Lois,
I keep mine updated too. I just updated it two weeks ago. But whatever it works now.
Love Di ♥

Lynilu said...

Change is not easy for most us, even when it is a good change. We like the comfort of the known. But yes, change leads to experience which leads to growth which leads to excitement and knowledge and experience. I know some for whom change is welcomed because of the adrenalin charge it brings; adrenalin junkies or, in some cases, addicted personalities. I'm somewhere in the middle; I actually welcome change with a bit of hesitation. I like it because of the adventures it brings, and the new friends or sights or sounds or smells, etc. I don't often say no. But I also don't bungee jump!

Barb said...

Change - if we can learn to accept it, life goes much more smoothly. Glad to read another post from you today, DI. I'll be thinking of you Tues!

Talin's Corner said...

I think everyone has a difficult time with "change". But as you said, we do adapt. Keep your spirits up!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad that you got it fixed, Di. I know that it bothered me until I changed from IE to Google Chrome. I use Chrome just to read my blogs....because if I didn't, blogs and/comments weren't all showing up. Go figure.
I will be in touch with you before your procedure on Tuesday. Know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Love you, my friend.
Jackie

Sandi said...

Life would be so dull if there were no changes, yet, while I like the pleasant ones, I agree that some are more difficult to handle.
Right now the change I have the biggest gripe with is having to change my password at work every few months. It seems that just when I've finally remembering it smoothly, I get the message I need to change it! It drives me crazy!

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and sending prayers your way, Di.

Big hugs to you.

Rob-bear said...

Interesting thought: "things seem to change at lightening speed."

To me, some changes come quickly. Like updates to computer programs.

But profound change, change which makes everyone's life better, is yet to come. I think the Occupy people have seen that.

I'm thinking of you and Tuesday. Blessings and Bear hugs.

Anvilcloud said...

The pace of change seems to become quicker and quicker. But I don't think I'm onboard with your gender analysis. While I'm sure it must be what you have observed, it doesn't seem to be my experience. :-)

Bonny said...

What a thought provoking post Di. I, myself protest change. I hate it. Something about it just goes totally against my nature and I fight it the whole way. I will be thinking of you and praying that your surgery goes well tomorrow. Take care my friend.

Eileen said...

I just commented on your other post how I'm not good with change. But I think you are right about men and women, while we might not be eager for the change, I think we are more willing to accept the inevitable.

'Just stopped by to tell you that I'm thinking of you and praying for you ~ and here I was treated to TWO posts from you.

And thank that wonderful husband of yours! He is in my prayers too. I think sometimes it is much worse on those in the 'waiting room'. I remember the times when Ray or one of the kids was in surgery and I think I was half out of my mind, ready to jump out of my skin playing the waiting game.

Take care of yourselves.
Love and Prayers,
Eileen