Monday, January 30, 2012

" Monday, Monday "

" Monday Monday... can't trust that day. "
Does anyone remember that song by The MaMa's and PaPa's ?
I always loved that song even though I actually like Monday's.
Everyone leaves, which is a bit sad but I usually throw myself into housework and we all know how much I love housework. I do really. I'm not being sarcastic here. There are some of us who just enjoy it.

I have been mostly sitting per my doctors orders. Although I did do quite a bit yesterday. I made a pot of beef, vegetable and pasta soup. Also washed some lettuce for a salad. I'm still pretty tired most of the day which I was warned about but for the most part, I'm feeling much better.

According to our local weatherman, it's supposed to be sixty degrees today. Weird but nice. Our winter has been very mild so far this year and that's just fine with me.

I have another follow up visit with my surgeon tomorrow and I am hoping for an o.k. to do more. Maybe start riding my bike again. I'd also like to clean the inside of my car since it's supposed to be so mild this week.

I will be going to church today. There are some things that need to be done in the office. I'll have to go back again later in the week but that's fine. It's a good excuse to get out.

I made my Daughter-in-Law a pair of fingerless gloves last week in a soft gray yarn. They fit her tiny hands perfectly. Two of her friends saw them and want a pair as well. I whipped up a black pair for one of her friends over the weekend. I'm charging $ 15.00 a pair. I've seen similar pairs online selling for up to $ 45.00 so I think $15.00 is a bargain. I took a photo of one of the gloves below. I could only get one hand as I needed the other for the camera!!






Now I know what your thinking. I should sell them online. It's a great idea but I wouldn't be able to keep up with orders due to Carpel Tunnel and Arthritis in my hands. I can only do so much and then I have to quit for a few days. Katie's friend came over last week and said there are boys at school that want them too. I told her that I'd need to be paid up front for their orders.

So I doubt that will happen!! But it has given me something to do while sitting here. I want to make a pair for my daughter Ginny next. I know that she would love them.

My lamp that I use to crochet has bit the dust. So I will use the profit to buy a new one. I have borrowed Kate's lamp for the time being. Working with black yarn is especially hard on the eyes!

I've been wanting to post all weekend but really haven't had much to post about. Just trying to heal so that I can get back to my life again.

I hope that everyone had a good weekend and a good Monday!!

13 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You are sounding like you're doing pretty well. I hope your checkup is positive.

Rae said...

You are doing good - so glad to hear it. I am another one that likes to do housework. Some people would call us crazy. Cleaning is therapy for me, it helps me de-stress. Spring is around the corner - just in time for you to get your energy back. Take care.

Eileen said...

Oh, how I envy both your love of housework and your crocheting talents! AND YOUR AMBITION! (I feel like a slug lately).

Your fingerless gloves are beautiful and yes, $15.00 is a bargain! And smart of you to get the $$ upfront!
And you would make a fortune if you turned it into an on-line business! But, I agree, you'd have a hard time keeping up with orders.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Di, and I hope you get a good report from the doctor, let us know!

'So good to read another post from you!

Okay, I'm off to make cupcakes for Jayden's class for his Birthday tomorrow.
LOVE YOU!, E

Gail said...

HI DI - I love that you are healing, and your energy will cm back. I also love those gloves. :-) I am impressed.
Your soup sounds yummy. I will be thinking of you and praying for all good reports from your surgeon.
Love to you my friend
Gail
peace.....

Rob-bear said...

Glad that you are taking care of yourself. I know you want to be active, but easy does it.

Blessings and Bear hugs.

Wanda..... said...

It's as warm here as it is there, but not much going on to blog about either, Di! Hope we both have a very early spring this year! The fingerless gloves look great, glad you have something to distract you from your love of doing housework!

Lynilu said...

I'm glad things are going pretty well for you. I almost hate to ask, but are there any more surgeries in your immediate future?

I love the gloves! I wouldn't be happy wearing the, however, because my fingers are always cold as it is!

Take care of yourself, dear Di!

Bernie said...

Oh to love housework, "if only" but I do love a clean house so I guess I must enjoy doing it. Am over at my nephews for a few days and oh boy lots of housework here. I don't mind though.
I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well Di, follow doctors orders sweetie so that you can enjoy the Spring and Summer.
Love the gloves, well worth $15.00 and I am sure all the young kids would love them.....:-)Hugs

Ginnie said...

I'm so glad that you are in a positive mode ... just remember to let your body heal ... it takes so much time and I know that my mind was way ahead of my body when it came to healing.
Hope all goes well at the Doctors.

Jackie said...

Look at you! Working and crocheting. You go girl!!! I can't wait to hear that my sweet friend is pedaling around on her bike. (Photos!)
I hug and love you, Di.
Yes I do!!!
Jackie

The Bookworm said...

Hello Miss Diana. I love the new blog look.
It sounds like you are doing well, good for you.
The gloves are lovely.

Oh, and congrats on finishing your sons afghan for Christmas. I know you were working on that for some time. I'm sure he loved it!

Unknown said...

I made a pair for myself and have already needed to make myself another pair. Thinking I will make them in several colors, they sure help to keep the wrist warm while typing!

Teresa said...

Hi Di
Sorry to hear you have been through so much lately, but you seem to be recovering! I have missed you friend, and so enjoyed coming to visit everyone this morning. Some blogs I just could not post on, but I tried. I love the gloves you are making, how long does it take you? I tried my hand at crocheting hats a month or so ago. Hope to be back soon. Love you friend (((HUGS TT)