Friday, January 30, 2009

End Of Snow Days

The snow days have officially ended today. Friday. All that's left now is a big mess. No surprise. I was a bad mother. I let my daughter stay home from school again. Oh well it's Friday. There is nowhere to park. Everything that was plowed is in the parking spaces. It was still a nice time. All that beautiful snow reduced to dirty ice. And soon, dirty water. It's funny how some things can start out so magical, beautiful and mysterious can just melt away into dirt and disappointment. But what am I really talking about here. The snow storm , violent yet mysterious and beautiful. Or life, magical, wondrous and yet often times reduced to dirty water? I will always look forward to more snow days even when my last child is grown and gone. Isn't it funny though that I will probably forget about the dirty water?

No comments: