Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Now That I've Been Exposed....."

Well now that you've all seen me naked, I thought, 
what have I got to lose?
 
So I went ahead and figured out how to do my own background!
 
 
Thanks Linda, you gave me the courage to give it a go!
 
However I am still not happy with my page color. I tried to change it,  and clicked "Apply",
But...
 
For some reason, Blogger won't let me change the page color. You know, the part where the post shows on. I went to the right spot and chose the color but it won't let me apply it.

I remember Ginny having to do some mysterious clicks to which I have no idea what on Earth she was doing, to get the color to change.

So I will just try to be a little more patient and wait for her help. Her and Katie were up at the break of dawn, actually it was still dark out, in order to get to the airport on time.

I myself woke at 3:45a.m. unable to fall back to sleep so I just took my time getting ready to head out to my son's house as his wife Amy was going to pick Katie up from the airport at 8:15 a.m.

I stayed with the grandkids while she went. I had a great time with Jack, Jack, as we call him now. It is no longer Baby Jack! He calls me 
Gammy.

Sarah still calls me Gamma.

Either way this Gammy, Gamma had a great time with them today.
So much better for me as I hate driving through St. Louis and Amy and Kate stopped to have brunch on me. It was well worth it!
 
I was so happy to see Kate and she was so NOT happy to be back here!
She's just at that point in her teenage life. You remember. She so wants to break away and cut the apron strings. Yet she knows that it just isn't time yet. I remember. 
 
I have pictures of everyone but I am just feeling to lazy to post them.
Sorry!
 
Time just seems to be flying by lately. Well except for the week that Kate was gone, that was lonely. But my husband will be home all of next week and I am sure there will be no time for loneliness! 
 
I am still trying to catch up with everyone's post's. Hopefully I will be able to get that done by tomorrow.
 
Thanks for stopping by. I will try not to be so lazy next time and actually GET UP to get my camera!
 
Have a wonderful evening and sleep well, I know I will!

17 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm not sure which color you're trying to change. I piddled quite awhile last night - stayed up WAY too late and then when I DID get to bed, I was too mentally stimulated to fall asleep! (Believe me, this is VERY rare.)

Hope Katey settles in an realizes how much her mommy loves and missed her :)

Diana said...

Hi Rebecca,
The yellow color in the center. The post page color. I know it can be done, just not by me, LOL!!!
Katie has been miserable most of the day. But she is Not used to getting up at 4:00a.m.
Tomorrow will be better!
Love Di ♥

Bernie said...

Oh Di you are so special....you almost have your page completely done. I am glad Katie is home and I smiled when you said she resisited getting up so early.....she is so normal for a teenager!
Glad Jake will be home this weekend, I know how much you enjoy having him home. Take care/I care my dear friend.......:-) Hugs

Lynilu said...

See there? You can do a lot when you are determined! SuperWoman!!!! Yay!!

I'm glad Katie is home safe and sound. You know she is well when she still has the attitude, right? I love teenagers!!

Wanda..... said...

The other day you were naked and now you're exposed, your post titleswould be scary, if we didn't know you, Di! Glad Kate is home and it's nice you have a whole week to spend with Jake and Kate "together".

Donna's Book Nook said...

Di
I'm proud of you for doing your background! Good job. So it still needs a little tweaking--no biggie! Glad you have Kate home.

jules said...

I know what you mean about all the options and things to click when changing your blog. I actually hire Jill at Sneaky Momma to do mine. She did the original makeover and I've had her do small tweaking things after that. She is wonderful! And very inexpensive.

We went from Baby Jack to Jack Man with our little guy.

Arlee Bird said...

Your page looks good, but now I don't remember what it looked like the other day--it still seems the same to me, but I don't notice a lot of things. I've have that same problem on blogger with trying to apply things and not able to do it. Sometimes I'll go back a few days later and try it again and it works. I can't figure it out. If I knew all of the secrets it was save me a lot of time.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Vicki said...

Hmmmmm...these blog titles are beginning to sound like something on cable TV...naked, exposed...heehee! Titillating stuff going on around here!!
Sorry your Katie is being a teenager...teenage daughters and mothers seem to clash at times...I remember those days well...from both sides! Just remember one day, she will appreciate you ...thankfully, they (we) do (did) grow out of it, eventually!

Well, I was all confused about when Jake would be home. I thought it was last week...my old age rearing its ugly head I guess. Glad he will be home next week and hope you have some fun! Love, Vicki

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Di, I like that you got the Background back, I like the color and theme. Blogger can be so hateful sometimes, I hope you get the colours you want. You enjoy your week with your hubby, and I am sure Katie will be glad to be back and will come around.

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

Yahhh Kate is home! Love the page Di...I didn't want to change all of mine, but guess what!! OH NO!! Yep, I liked my other one better.

Linda said...

I like your new look! I rarely change anything on my blog because it takes me so darn long to figure everything out! I've thought about hiring a professional!

I hope Katie is in a better mood tomorrow. Believe me, I remember those teenage years all too well. I wasn't the moody one but my kids sure were!

Jackie said...

Hi Di...
I'm glad that Kate is back home...I know that you have missed her....and I am happy that Jake will be home next week. Your blog looks great. I hope that you continue to take care of yourself, please....

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Hi, I'm Jacquelyn. I stopped by after I saw your comment on Rebecca's blog. I don't know what your site looked like before, but I think this is just beautiful. Love the colors! Hope to stop by again soon!

Tranquility Speaks said...

I really really like the new look Diana :) I don't think any further changes are necessary. Love the look and the design in maroon :)

A pat on the back and a hug for a job well done. Loads of love :)

P.S Teenage years sure are difficult. There is a tremendous amount of confusion and nothing seems sure. I've no idea how to handle a teen. I could barely handle myself!

Lois Evensen said...

Your blog looks just fine to me! Hey, I'm happy to be able to see it at all. The only day of the week I can get any blog to load (other than text on my own) is on Sunday when I have my Verizon connection instead of the satellite connection at sea. I with they could put cell towers out there! Yeah, right.... ;)

I fully understand how great it is to have family home and to be together. Enjoy next week!

Hugs,
Lois