Wednesday, May 13, 2009

" Seventeen Days "




We only have seventeen days left until Katie graduates eighth grade. Which is exciting in it's own right, but it's also only seventeen more days until I get to see my other daughter Ginny again. It seems like a long time since she's been back home. Six months. It will be a very busy weekend for us all. I just know it will speed by quickly so we will have to make the most out of every moment.

Katie will be traveling back with her sister Ginny and Ginny's loving counterpart Daniel, to Raleigh,NC. when the weekend is over. She will be staying with her sis for a week and I will have the house to myself for a week, yeah! I will miss Katie but I know she will have a great time with her sister and I am excited for her. The photo above was taken Saturday night when my granddaughter Sarah spent the night with us. Katie was spinning her around and around. The second photo was the after effect of the spinning. Do you remember spinning? Do you remember how much fun it was? I do. Unfortunately spinning is one of those things that I have grown out of. Not by choice.

I was fortunate enough to be able to spend some time with my son Frank and my grandson Jack today. Frank is on vacation this week and I went out to his house to play with Jack while Frank got a few things done around his house. It is one hundred and two years old and was the original bank of the small town they live in. It still has the original walk in bank vault inside with the giant vault door and wheel handle on the front. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the vault while I was there. I'll have to try and remember the next time I'm there. Anyway we had a nice visit and Jack couldn't get any sweeter. I think he's going to be walking soon. Frank and I also plan to go camping together next month. Just he and I. Some mother son bonding! Wow, Katie graduating eighth grade, seeing my daughter Ginny again, having a week to myself and camping with my son. Seems like I have a lot to look forward to. God has blessed me and for that I am grateful. I am going to finish this blog tonight with a photo of Frank and I taken on Katie's confirmation last month and a photo of baby Jack. Goodnight and God Bless!









5 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Good morning Diana...just thinking about spinning makes me dizzy...did you ever play whip?...3or more holding hands making a line...while running and following the leader...the leader then quickly swings everyone sideways...person at the end always fell...Your son has a very interesting home...I love the siding and window awnings...gives it such character!...and such a sweet photo of your little g/son...
Enjoy your day and life Diana!...BTW did you have thunderstorms yesterday?...we did and today too maybe!

Eileen said...

Diana, this was such a nice post! And what a wonderful 'family' time you've spent and have to look forward to also! That's great!
Beautiful pictures! Beautiful family!
And how cool is that house?! I love it!
And camping? What a fun way to spend time with your son! So many wonderful memories being created, Diana. Enjoy the times of your life.
Love and Prayers, Eileen
PS - Spinning? My sister and I did that all the time until she fell and split her head on the corner of a table (we weren't doing it out in the open spaces, we were in our living room!), and I'm with Wanda now anyway, I'd be dizzy!

Teresa said...

Spinning! I did that too, and I also used to spin my kids...they loved it. I really don't think I could do that anymore though. We used to have a tire swing in our yard, and the kids also loved to spin each other...we took it down when my daughter got her hair caught in it. I also remember whip!

I love your son's home, how unique, and it will be wonderful to spend some time with your son...happy camping! Grandson is so cute, and congratulations to the graduate!

Enjoy your time alone...I know you said you liked it!
T

Bernie said...

Good morning Diana, I really enjoyed your post this morning. Enjoy your rain we are having more snow. Gonna be nice this weekend though Yipee!
Your children and grandson are gorgeous. Oh yeah I remember spinning and the whip, I am sure I would get dizzy as well, almost tempted to try it though. I loved the house, such fun renovating and decorating an old house. I would love that though I think it would be quite expensive. Have a great day.....-) Hugs

Brenda said...

I understand your feelings about all of it--your daughter graduating, seeing your other daughter, a week alone, camping with son--you are a mama of the best kind. Blessings,