Wednesday, May 20, 2009

" Rambling "

Well oh boy I'm sick! I'm am trying to go with the flow here and Kate is being somewhat cooperative with my plight. I don't know what I have. I never know anymore. Is it a flu? If so what kind? Bird, pig, dog? I don't even know if there is a dog flu. My guess is that I'm just sick. I slept about for four and a half hours yesterday which I am sure my fever appreciated. It seems to be gone this morning. But don't cry for me, I don't let anything get me down for long. I was very proud of Kate this morning as she woke up on her own! I told her that I was going to sleep in and that I would take her to school. Wow she did it! Don't I sound like I'm talking about a four year old? It is a milestone.

Since I am sick with whatever it is, I feel that I have earned the right to ramble today. I think that I am good at rambling. Even my photos today have no particular theme as I am feeling somewhat hallucinogenic. The above photo is my pet cemetery. My husbands sweet little Kitty "Buttons" is buried there as well as my beloved kitty "Zippers". Zippers was my favorite kitty ever. She got her name because she would zip very quickly back and forth through the house. I still miss her. The flowers growing in there, I believe are Primrose. I'm not really sure though. You see there was this wonderful woman that I used to work out with everyday. Her name was Joanne. She was widowed and had a wonderful garden. It's what she spent all her time on. One day she told me to come over to her house and she would give me some plants. When I arrived she gave me a box to hold. Then she proceeded to dig out plant after plant telling me their names as she went. I wish I had grabbed a pen and paper as it was impossible to remember every plant that she threw in the box! The ultimate out come was that I have several beautiful plants in my yard and have no idea what they are! I have managed to identify some of them but the rest I guess will just have to be a surprise. I really miss working out with Joanne, but she messed up her knee and had to give it up.


This next photo is of my little cell phone case that I crocheted. There are little beads on the flap as well as dangling from the bottom. I made one for Katie that was covered in buttons from my button collection. I really miss crocheting all the time. I need to go and get some shots in my hands again but they just don't last very long anymore. Of coarse I do take advantage when I get them and crochet until the shots wear off! They say there is a surgery that can be done that may or may not help, but I guess I'm just chicken.

I just finished a book my mom gave me by James Patterson. It was a pretty good light read called " Sam's Letters to Jennifer ". And I just started another book by Madeleine L'engle called " Two-Part Invention The Story of a Marriage " which I am very much enjoying so far.

O.K. one last thing for today and then I am going to make myself some tea and maybe some soup. Oh wow I forgot that I bought peas, I wonder if I have enough energy......Never mind. I promised Jenny from "Rainy Day Optimism" that I would post a recipe for Zucchini Fritters as she is growing zucchini.
Zucchini Fritters
Vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1-egg,lightly beaten
1-cup of flour
1 and1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 of a 1-oz. pkg. hidden valley ranch dip
2-cups shredded zucchini
Fill deep fryer or skillet with oil to 2 inch depth. Heat to 375 degrees. Meanwhile combine milk and egg in mixing bowl. Stir together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well. Fold in zucchini. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until deep golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels thoroughly.

Alright I am done for the day. I am too tired to ramble anymore. I plan on being over this by tomorrow.

































































































































































8 comments:

Ginny said...

Mom!
Are you growing zucchini this year? If so, please make me some zucchini fritters when I come home. They're my favorite.

Wanda..... said...

Your rambling was entertaining Diana...I have the same flowers just starting to bloom...they are Mexican Primroses...and they spread like crazy...I love your small cemetery...We have 2 dogs one cat and a hampster buried in the yard...we had a real funeral with the grandchildren for our dog Gena a few years ago...Hope you are totally back to normal...Take care!

Eileen said...

Oh, Diana, I hope you feel better soon!
I like your rambling very much, it's very interesting.
I like your pet cemetery too! And another recipe ~ thank you!!
I like James Patterson but I've never read that one, I'll have to pick it up.
And how sweet of your daughter to let you sleep in and responsibly get herself started for the day, that must give you confidence for next year (one of your other post spoke about being able to sleep in as she won't have far to go), I hope that all works out for you too, so that at least some mornings you get to be a lady of leisure!

I love the cell phone case, you are very talented, too bad you don't feel well enough to keep it up, especially when you enjoy it so.

Feel better!
And keep rambling!
I love it!

Teresa said...

Hi Diana,
So sorry to hear you are sick, and that in spite of it, you still wrote an amazing blog for us to enjoy. I sure hope you feel better soon!

((((hugs)))) T

Blessings each day said...

You did a great job for someone not feeling good, to our benefit! I have tons of those flowers (you can check a past blog, maybe 1-2 weeks ago), but my friend Mimi calls them buttercups...hmmm, guess this calls for some investigating. Mimi is a master gardener but she could be wrong (psst, don't tell her I said that).

Remember to also share a soup recipe or two.

Pls get well soon!

blessings and get well prayers,

marcy

Unknown said...

I so hope that your bug goes away! I am too growing zucchini in my teeny garden...can't wait for it to unfold it's delicious self! I will be giving a lot away I am afraid....get better soon!
hugs:0)

Eileen said...

Just stopping in again to say I hope you feel better!
Get some rest, and make yourself some of that soup of yours!
Feel good.
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Bernie said...

Diana I am so sorry you are not feeling well, I will pray you will be better tomorrow. I love your rambling blog with the pet cemetery and your flowers. I have made that batter for zucchini and I love it. Have a happy, healthy day tomorrow my friend.....:-) Hugs