I am so excited!
I have declared my first national holiday.
January 2nd, 2010
" Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day "
I know how excited you are. What better time to clean out your fridge
than the beginning of the new year ?
The following are some tips to help you along.
1. First you must find some good music to listen to or the job can seem endless.
2. Depending on the time of day you choose to do this, you must have a drink on hand to wash down some of the food that you will be most likely munching on. Whether it be water, coffee, soda or a cocktail.
(I have found that a nice glass of Merlot makes the job less painful.)
3. Fill your sink or bucket with some warm soapy water.
4. You will need a nice soft and absorbent rag and a dry towel or two.
5. You can start with the freezer or the fridge first. Toss a coin if you can't decide. (I have found that sometimes my freezer doesn't need to be cleaned as often.)
6. I like to start from the top shelf and work my way down.
7. Take everything off of the top shelf, wiping off each item as you go. Discard any items that are out of date.
* Please people , remember, leftovers are a perishable item. Nobody is going to possibly eat it after it's sat there for more than three days.
So throw it out!
8. Wipe down the shelves, sides and back of the fridge with the warm soft rag and then dry.
9. Replace the food items .
10. Don't forget the condiments in the refrigerator door! I know that many of you would like to cheat and skip this part but don't. You will be surprised with the amount of what have you's are there that no one is eating any more! It is also one of the dirtiest places of the fridge, so DO NOT skip the door!!
11. Wipe down all of the seals on the fridge. Yes they get nasty.
Don't skip this step.
12. Stand back and admire your nice clean refrigerator!
13. Optional: You may at this time choose to go grocery shopping to refill your newly cleaned fridge. Just remember, if you've had a cocktail,
skip this step!
14. Don't forget to put a fresh box of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
in the back of your clean refrigerator!
I will be doing this late this afternoon as my daughter will be spending the night at a friends house.
You can choose whatever time of day that you wish to accomplish this task.
You will feel so much better starting the new year with your clean refrigerator!
"HAPPY CLEAN OUT YOUR REFRIGERATOR DAY"!