Saturday, December 27, 2008

How Was Your Christmas ?


I have to say that this was the most relaxing Christmas holiday I've ever had! We really didn't plan anything and yet we still got to visit with the family. Jake and I decided to just stay home. Mom came for a visit on Christmas Eve after she got off of work. We exchanged gifts. Then my son and his family stopped by on Christmas Day. I got a picture of my granddaughter, Her kindergarden picture. I didn't think I was getting one so I was surprised! My favorite gift was a photo I got from my daughter. It is a picture of my son and his daughter and son. Its really beautiful. I also got a print from my daughter that goes perfectly in my bedroom. My bedroom is decorated all in a victorian motif. The print is framed in a gold frame to match my other pictures in the room. I have to look at it again but I think its a Gaugan. Not an original of course, we're not rich!! The day after Christmas was really nice too. I went to work for a short time while my husband took my daughter to the mall. Glad it wasn't me! I work in a church and it's much more peaceful there!!! After that we went home and enjoyed a relaxing day at home. Kate helped me prepare dinner, which was really good. We baked pork chops, fried potatoes with onions and red and green peppers, and salad. It was all very good. That evening we watched "Hancock" with Will Smith. It wasn't too bad. Jake really liked it. I also rented "The Pursuit Of Happiness" which also has Will Smith in it. I think its a much better movie. We'll probably watch tonight or tomorrow night. I am going to post a photo of my husband and I with our grandkids Sarah and Jack.

No comments: