Friday, July 8, 2011

" I'm Bursting !"

I received the dreaded call today. I've been a bundle of nerves waiting and waiting for this call. It was the call that would tell me weather or not I could afford to have my double knee replacement surgery.

I didn't think it would be possible. I was quite sure that I wouldn't be walking much longer. My knee's have progressively deteriorated to the point that shots no longer last more than two months. 

Two nights ago as I walked my dogs for their final walk of the evening, I was in tears by the time I made it back to the house. This is more pain than I can handle anymore although I do believe that I have handled it well.


Last Friday I went for my MRI that would take the measurements for my new knees. It took two hours. The girls said that I kept moving although I didn't think that I moved at all. It was so uncomfortable. I've had MRI's before but not like this. 


I had all but given up on this surgery thinking that Jake and I couldn't afford it. But as it turns out, it was all a misunderstanding. The letter that I initially received stated that we would have to pay our share of the surgery within five days of the surgery including six months worth of follow up visits. The call that I got today just downright made me cry.


It seems that the letter that I initially received was a generic letter. Our insurance is picking up a majority of the expense. The orthopedic center is going to put us on a payment plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thirty-nine days. In thirty-nine days I will have two brand new knees!


I will be able to sit without my legs up, dance (Oh how I miss dancing while I clean house!), walk, walk, walk!!!! I can go for walks with my grandchildren and husband again. I can have my grandson spend the night and be able to chase after him. I can take my grandchildren to the park to feed the ducks and play.


Hopefully I'll be able to walk up and down the stairs again without taking one step at a time and fear of falling. I'll be able to cook a real dinner for my husband without ending up in a bad mood and crying because of the pain of standing for an hour and a half!!!


I feel like I am in a dream right now. I need to keep my head on straight so I have decided to document the entire process. I will start sometime this week. I have my granddaughter over tonight and we've been having so much fun. I can only imagine the fun we can have if I could walk more!!


I can't contain my excitement tonight. But there was a lot of things that lead up to this. So I feel that I should record all of it from beginning to end. But for now I just want to say , Thank You Lord.

20 comments:

Sharon said...

This is great! I suppose they will do one first and the other in three months. That's how my friend Dot had hers. It made her a new woman! You will be dancing and walking all over the place!

Lynilu said...

Oh, Di, that is wonderful!!! I'm so glad to hear this news! I don't have significant joint problems, but when I'm hurting, I'm hurting, and I can't imagine being as limited as you have been.

You'll be in my prayers.

BTW, I've missed you on FB and here. Glad to see you back, and hopefully we will be seeing more of you soon .... when you're feeling better, enjoying life more, and doing more things to write about!

Rob-bear said...

Great news! You'll get financial help for the surgery which will help you stay functional, and healthy. (Not being mobile really does people in.)
We won't expect you to be dancing right away — Christmas will be soon enough. Or Thanksgiving.
Blessings and Bear hugs on the next stage of the journey!

Lois Evensen said...

Wonderful! I'm so very happy for you!

Big hugs,
Lois

Wanda..... said...

Wonderful news, Di...sorry you've endured so much more pain these past weeks. Knowing there is relief in sight, certainly reduces the stress level. You have so much to look forward to.

This time last year you were chasing Mr. Toad around your lovely flower bed with your camera in hand, cleaning the basement, clearing out the garage and keeping us entertained with your busy doings and findings.

I'm so looking forward to sharing your journey.
♥ Wanda

Donna's Book Nook said...

I'm so happy for you! I have a little discomfort/pain in ONE knee from time to time--not constant. I can't imagine the pain you've had.
I'll be interested to follow your journey.

Gail said...

Hi there - I am so happy with and for you. This is good news indeed, great news!! :-) YAY"
I have missed you - stop by and see our remodeled place, k? Meanwhile, I am counting down with you until you get your new knees.
Love Gail
peace.....

anupama said...

Dear Di,
Namaste!
Good Evening!
After a long time I have reached your blog.By the end of the last line,My Friend,I am so emotional.
Di,God is great!You are such a wonderful soul!You are blessed!You will walk,dance and run!Trust me!
Cheer up baby!You're so sweet!Prayers work wonders!
You are in my prayers1Anu loves you!
Wishing You a Beautiful Day,
Sasneham,
Anu

Erik's RV Blog said...

Diana,

That's excellent news! I haven't been around much but I am so glad I clicked your blog today!

Congrats and may your new knees rock your world! I plan on getting mine done someday as well. :)

Have a great weekend!

Erik

Need A Latte Mom said...

I am so excited for you! Prayers that it will out work out smoothly!

Barb said...

Dar Di, You'll be a new woman (but, don't change too much)! So glad that your pain has an end in sight. Keep your head and spirits up. I'm thinking of you here in CO.

Margaret Pangert said...

This is great news, Diana! I hear these operations go very smoothly now. Some people are able to go home the same day (but take your time!! You have to recuperate!) You're such an active, energetic woman--this should restore all that. Prayers and love, Margaret

quieten said...

Oh Di, I am so glad for you. You'll be dancing while you clean and chasing those grandkids in no time. I know you feel so much relief that the insurance company is stepping up to the plate. That worry is dreadful, isn't it? I can't wait to read that your pain is gone and you are feeling tip top again! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.
Huggz!!!!

Vicki said...

Hallelujah! Di, I am so very happy for you. I can feel your joy through your words! Will be keeping an eye on your blog to stay up to date and will be keeping you in my prayers. God is so good! xoxoxoxo Love, Vicki

Talin's Corner said...

What great news. I am wishing you the best.

Tranquility Speaks said...

Diana! I am SO VERY happy for you. I've long wanted this for you, and I am truly glad, another of my wishes is coming true. Once you've got the surgery done and have recuperated, I would like you to post a tiny video of your dance. I shall be the happiest person to see it :) Loads of love and hugs :)

Teresa said...

Oh Di,
I have missed you so much, and I am so excited for you!!! What a blessing!! I know a little about knee problems, they are so dibilitating. I can't wait to hear about your journey. "Just Dance like there is no one watching"!!!
Love ya
(((HUGS))) TT

All Dolled Up Doll Clothes said...

Di, I am so happy for you! I know you've been struggling for quite some time and now the pain will soon be just a memory.

I've missed reading your posts but I understand the "sick of the computer" thing. I wish you well, always.

Hugs,
Terrie
PS, I'm sure your purses and bags will be beautiful and even if you find fault in them, the recipient never will. A gift from the heart is causes blindness :)

Ginnie said...

It's so good to have you back in the "blogosphere" and I'm thrilled about your news. It really points up how important it is to have health insurance and I can't wait to hear how you fare and be sure to include us all in your recovery.
It always impressed me how you continued to leave comments even when you didn't have the heart to keep up your blog.
SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK !!!!

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations on receiving this good news. Sounds like you really needed it.