Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Has Sprung



Spring has sprung and I'm stuck in the house. My yard needs mowing. My weeds need weeding. Many plants need planting. There are boxes full of Canna bulbs sitting in my basement waiting to be placed in warm spots through out my yard. There are Hostas poking through the dirt needing to be divided. There are all sorts of beautiful flowers waiting in the local nurseries chanting quietly "Diana we're waiting.". My Clematis is in desperate need of a new trellis. Did I mention the weeds,weeds and more weeds?
It appears that there is no control over the weather. Isn't that silly? The pleasantly warmer days we have had, have been to wet to play in. Oh how I long for a dry and comfortable day to put my hands to the soil. To feel the warm sun on my back. To once again be in that very special place that transports me from reality.

3 comments:

Blessings each day said...

This sounds like my dilemma...rain and more rain and now just mud puddles. Can't wait to get my hands full of dirt and plant lots of stuff! But the rain IS our big blessing too.

blessings on you,

marcy

Eileen said...

We have rain here too! What a dreary day!
I'm hoping for better weather on Sunday to get to the garden center and then get planting. My husband and I were going to do it on Saturday but we're having my granddaughter's 2nd Birthday Party here that day! So planting will have to wait!

Thanks for your kind words about the grandkids! And I hope you know my family is just joking with each other on my blog. We really do love each other A LOT!! My brother-in-law and I tease each other all the time. And my husband loves to get into the act too, and then everyone joins in. But it's all in good fun.

Wanda..... said...

A Belated Happy Birthday to you...Thanks for your visit... We have a few things in common...I have a bit of yard work waiting on me too...just made pineapple zuchinni bread...and we also have a teenage Katie(granddaughter) who is suddenly her old sweet self again!:)and I will visit often!