Friday, April 17, 2009

Time Honored Tradition

I can just feel the adrenaline flowing through my veins! Every year in my home we have a time honored tradition which really doesn't fall at any particular time. We just know when it needs to be done. Sometimes it's in mid-winter when things get a little boring,like on a snow day. More often then not however it happens in the spring. But then there's always those times when somebody has to do that one thing,usually by accident,that requires the tradition to once again be performed. I am talking about the major spill. You know what I'm talking about. Someone knocks something over in the refrigerator and voila, the major spill. Once again the time honored tradition of cleaning out the entire fridge must be performed! I am so honored to be the one, the only one, that gets to perform the duty of emptying everything out of the fridge. Now please don't think me to be a filthy person. Far from it, my family believes that I am obsessed with keeping the house clean. I do empty all of the unused containers every week and wipe off the shelves. Still there comes a time when everything most be removed and the entire monstrous appliance must be washed out. I know my family loves me because they always,always allow me the honor of this job. And I know that really, this is not a job, it's an honor!
My question to you is this. If you also are
allowed the honor to perform this job in your home, do you have any special tricks or tips to make it more fun than it already is?




2 comments:

Eileen said...

Wow! You did a great job! Everything sparkling and so organized!

I have no tips, I wish you'd give me some tips!

Wanda..... said...

My only tip would be...wait to do it until the refridge is fairly empty or the day before grocery day...but there are no tips to make the job fun...if you think of any...let me know Diana.