Friday, August 21, 2009

" T. G. I. F. "

Well I can't quite believe it because I truly didn't think that it would happen today. But here I am posting. I remembered that it was Friday Favorites too!


It has been a very busy Friday for me which is not unusual . I just dropped Katie off at the high school with her friends. Football season is almost here and the freshman team is being introduced tonight. Katie has never been a football fan much to her fathers disappointment. He still misses the old days when our oldest daughter used to sit and watch all of the Packers games with him. Yes he is a Packers fan. As was our older daughter Ginny. That girl knows more about football then most guys I know ! Some how I don't think that Katie is going for the football . But either way, she is enjoying herself so far in this , her first week of high school . She has been very happy yet very tired all week . She has many old friends and has already made some new friends. And now goes to school with some friends from our church . So far all is well in high school land . Check back with me in a few months to see if the novelty has worn off !


And now I have a few Friday Favorites to share with you . In my hand you will notice two things. The glass heart necklace I had bought for myself when we went school shopping in Evansville last week . I think it was last week . Time flies so quickly it could have been the week before ! I was going to wear it in a photo but I couldn't get it on by myself . I just loved the swirl in the heart and the little rose . It might be hard to see . The other thing that I am holding in my hand is a piece of mulch. Not just any piece of mulch , but a very special piece of mulch. How you ask is this piece of mulch so special?


It was given to me by the cute little guy below. Who , in the photo was playing pass the fly swatter back and forth with grandma game . Baby Jack was showing grandma is new walking skills. He's still pretty wobbly but darned cute don't you think.

As we were walking around the yard together last weekend , he bent down , picked up a piece of mulch and gave it to me. He had a look of pride on his face as I showed him how excited I was at this gift. I will keep it forever !

Later on that evening on another walk , he picked a flower and gave it to his mommy. I did feel a little cheated but she is the boy's mommy after all!




In the next photo you will see me as I walk around all day. I usually always have a bandanna on my head. I have many different colored ones. Today as Katie and I were walking through Wal-Mart , I spotted a Halloween bandanna ! I love Halloween , so this to me is truly exciting ! And Katie just shakes her head thinking what a crazy old lady I am. But I don't care , I just have fun !

Also in the photo I am holding one of my favorite dogs Ruby . She is a pug . I want you to imagine if you will , me holding the camera and Ruby saying through my clenched teeth smile " Come on Ruby look at the camera , come on , oh never mind!". She doesn't know what a great photo op she missed. Next time I shall hold a treat in the hand that I am holding the camera with. Hindsight !



The last photo I am posting is a picture that I forgot that I had. It is a photo of my son Frank's house. The old bank . The one with the safe inside.



Well my girl just got home and she told me , as I suspected , that the game was boring . I'm sorry my dear husband ! But I will still watch the games with you.

Goodnight All !

28 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so glad to hear that so far, Katie is having a happy experience in high school. There will be bumps but what a blessing to be off to a good start! Cute little Jack is walking. I think the busiest time with the grandchildren is when they start walking until about 20 months when they start understanding and obeying simple commands. There is no rest except when the little ones are napping or sleeping!

Anvilcloud said...

How charmingly eccentric to wear bandannas.

Diana said...

Oh Brenda I am so relieved so far for Kate's good beginning in H.S. Mine was horrible for all four years. My two grown children did much better as well. I am trying so hard to do the best that I can. I had no guidence when I was a teen so I really try to make up for that lack.
Baby Jack is just so sweet and you can really tell, already the difference between him and his sister at the same age. It amazing really. Love Di

Diana said...

Anvilcloud, I am just that. Charmingly eccentric! Thank you for noticeing!
Love Di

Jerelene said...

I really like the necklace...very, very pretty! Your baby Jack is just so cute..I would love almost anything he gave me too..I can think of a few exceptions, but almost anything :)
Your son's house is really neat...the safe was interesting to see. I bet their house is interesting too! Thanks for sharing the pics...
I LOVE your halloween bandanna :)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Jerelene
p.s your word verification is pooples...that's hilarious!! I think I'm slaphappy..I better go to bed..

Tranquility Speaks said...

Your grandson looks like an angel :D So very cute :D When he grows up and sees this post,the first thing he'd want to do is give you a hug and plant a big kiss on your cheek :)

You look rocking with that Bandana on! I've fancied one too, but I'm not sure I'd be able to carry it as well as you :)

Now if your Katie doesn't fancy football, it's great, because what might catch her attention is something femininely artistic for all you know! :)

P.S the heart shaped pendant is very nice :)

Maria said...

Good morning Diana!
Sitting here with my first cup... looking out at a gray day... but having fun in blogland...where the weather is always sunny :)
Your necklace is great... it would look fab with so many tops...

Don't you just love the 'little gifts' of the heart from the wee ones?
And, your grandson is ADORABLE. What a beautiful face! (good genes :)
I enjoy your posts, Diana, they're always packed with smiles :)
All the best to you and the family ~ Maria

Wanda..... said...

Good morning Diana,
I have a weakness for kids...your necklace was really pretty , but Baby Jack was my favorite of the post...He is so adorably cute Diana...that photo made me want to reach down and pick him up! Andrew was always giving me sticks..."Really" cherish this time, for they grow quickly...Dylan(11) is sleeping on a daybed here beside me now...grandkids are SPECIAL...others as well as my own.

Your love of scarves would make it easy to buy gifts for you...I have several that belonged to my mother.
You look lovely in them!

I remember the photo of their house from another post, way back when I first started following you Diana...It has so much character, which I like in a home!

Take care,
Wanda

Diana said...

Hi Jerelene,
They had all kinds of that glass jewelry at a stand in the mall by you!
I do like that word Pooples. Maybe we could sign off with it.
Pooples to you
Love Di!

Diana said...

Good Morning Tranquility,
Jack is adorable but he sure gets into things quickly! He was trying to climb the fence. He was trying to eat dirt! That's when I noticed how different he is from his big sister!
Mostly I wear the bandana around the house to keep the hair out of my face but anymore I wear them out too, when I don't feel like messing with my hair. Great cover!
Love Di

Diana said...

Good Morning Maria,
I was able to sleep in today, NICE! It is beautifully cool here today. 50's at night for a few evenings I love it!
The little gifts are the best. I keep them all!
Love Di

Diana said...

Hi Wanda.
You have a good memory. I couldn't remember if I posted a pic of the house or not and didn't feel like looking back!
I am really missing Jack and Sarah. I am hoping I get to see them soon!
Love Di

Gail said...

Hi Diana-
Delightful post - beginning to end. I will wait with baited and prayerful breath as Katie's high school experience unfolds. :-)
And the piece of mulch? Oh how that warmed my heart - it is the most excellent piece of mulch ever!!
Cool bandana Mama - I really enjoy your sense of humor.

Love Gail
peace.....

Eileen said...

Hi, Di!
I'm a day late for your Friday Favorites! Sorry!
I loved them all! ESPECIALLY Baby Jack and his mulch gift!
I think the necklace is fabulous! I love hearts, love roses, and love unique, so of course I love the necklace!
And I think bandannas suit you very well! I think I might try one sometime. I do headbands once in awhile, and I constantly put my hair up with those claw clips but have never tried a bandanna.
I remember the bank from another post too, loved it then, love it now! You know me, that is right up my alley!
I'm so glad Katie is enjoying high school so far, and hopefully it will be that way all year and beyond!
The very first post I read of yours was about Katie's Confirmation, and then I went back and read the one about you making the beautiful cross cake for Katie, and I just kept on reading back and I was hooked on Diana and her life!
You're a good friend, Di!
You are one of my Friday Favorites for sure!
Oh, and I loved Ruby too! 'Reminds me so much of our little Pugsly that we had!
Love and Pooples,
I don't know, it just doesn't have the same ring as
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Anonymous said...

How nice to get to know you more and more! I would keep the piece of mulch forever, too... The look in his eyes as he gave it to you and as you ooohed and ahhhed over it must have been precious...just like he is. I love your heart necklace...and a heart is perfect for you! I'm glad that you included a photo of the house that had the vault inside. I LOVE that photo!
I think you should wear bandana after bandana after bandana...Di's trademark! Everyone will be copying Di...:))
Kate will probably enjoy high school more than any other years she has had in school. Both of my children did. I wish her the best!
Have a great weekend, Diana.
Love,
Jackie

Bernie said...

Hi Di, great post. Love your photo and Ruby is so cute. So glad that Katie had such a good week, now we will pray that next week is just as well.....bandannas, now I could use those for sure but they do suit you much better and baby Jack is absolutely gorgeous.
Have a great weekend....:-) Hugs

Terrie said...

One of these Friday's I will post a "Favorite things" but this week, I will just enjoy your favorite things. You have some pretty awesome things, just the kind of things that make life just a little sweeter every day! Thanks for the reminder :)

Rebecca said...

What is it about fly swatters? Our grandson Titus amused himself for hours with one! Particularly cute was when he pretended it was a guitar and strummed it. Then he turned it upside down and it was a microphone!

Love the picture of the bank/house! This sounds like my kind of project!

Diana said...

Hi Gail,
I was wondering if I sprayed the piece of mulch with clear coat paint, if it would last longer. I was thinking of making a little necklace with it!
Love Di

Diana said...

Hi Eileen,
I used to wear a claw clip all the time, I mean everyday, all day. Finally I went and cut my hair really short. I thought why keep it long if I'm always wearing it up anyway? I will get it cut short again soon, but for now the bandanna's work fine!
Love and pooples to you
My friend! Love Di
P.S. I love the pooples, I may get hooked on it for awhile!

Diana said...

Hey Jackie,
I hope you are right about Katie and high school. I do have to keep a really close eye on her though as they mainstreamed her into regular classes this year. She's had a few problems over the years, not picking up things as quickly as she should. But they felt that she was ready to go into regular classes now so we will keep a close eye on her.
Love Di

Diana said...

Oh Bernie your hair looks beautiful so no need for a bandanna at all. I really don't like hair in my face and am due for a cut myself. In the meantime, bandannas work fine!
They started getting homework this week so hopefully next week won't be too much for Katie!
Love You, Di

Diana said...

Hi Terrie,
It's hard for me to remember every week ( Friday Favorites ) because I'm so busy on Fridays. But you're busy all the time so I can understand you not posting all the time!
Love Di

Diana said...

Hi Rebecca,
Fly swatters are fun when your one I guess. As long as thier not dirty! Yuck! That was the first thing I checked!
Love Di

Unknown said...

Ah, beautiful family and pics -- yay, football season is upon us.

I new follower, Sue

Diana said...

Hi Susan, Thanks for stopping by and following, I will stop by your blog too! Love Di

Blessings each day said...

Yo Hoo...I'm down here under all the other pooples...loved that and the fact that Jerelene was slap happy. the owrld would be a lot better place if we could all just be slap happy (as long as it doesn't involve any slapping!)

First I just loved little Jack...he is too cute abd such a pretty litle boy too! For sure I would have kept the treasure he brought to you and for a baby, a flower or mulch are probably equally valuable!

Your necklace is also very pretty and it's so neat that there is a flower on the heart!

Glad to hear that Katie is doing so good at the start of school.

Fly swatters are like kid magnets, but it is wise to check for dead bug bodies before they grab them!

And I used to wear bandanas when I set my hair, to hide the rollers! Do you have one for every season?

blessings and hugs,

marcy

And power to the pooples!

Diana said...

Well Marcy where have you been? The Halloween bandana is my first seasonal one. I have two red, one dark blue, one lgt.blue w/owls on it, one yellow, one orange, one purple and now the halloween one! Funny but I end up wearing the yellow one the most!
Love and Pooples! Di