Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday To All !!!

Well it is the infamous shopping day today. Will you be involved? Not me. I can not afford it this year but even if I could I actually hate shopping. I think that makes me an odd woman but I don't care. I do however love, love, love to shop in second hand stores. You've heard the saying " One Mans Junk Is Another Mans Treasure " ? Well thats very true in my case. I would say about 50% of my house is decorated and furnished second hand. I love the feeling of walking into a thrift store and not knowing what treasure your going to find. My favorite times to go are by myself and most definitely with my oldest daughter. She too can appreciate the whole experience. You can walk in and look around for an hour and find nothing. Or you can spend $5.00 and come out with a bag full of trinkets and/or clothing! I think that is one of our favorite things to do together. I lve in a small town but fortunatelly for me we have several thrift stores. Don't completely think that I don't like buying new. To me its just not as fun!

No comments: