Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving !

Thanksgiving is a great holiday. Now, I know that the preparation can be well, exhausting for some. I used to be one of the some. I sure did love it though, when I was in my twenties and thirties and my energy level was much higher than now. Finding new recipes, decorating for the season, and my favorite glass of scotch in the kitchen when I would start to feel overwhelmed. Usually for me, I didn't have much of an appetite left after setting all the food on the table. But it always made me feel good when everyone enjoyed the meal and then my beautiful daughter Ginny would gift us with her wonderful rendition of " Albuquerque Is A Turkey" ! The last two years my wonderful daughter-in-law, Amy has been having the dinner at her and my son Franks house. Amy is a wonderful homemaker and a fabulous cook. I have to admit that I enjoy going to their house much more than having it at mine. What could be better than playing with my beautiful grandbabies while someone else cooks a delicious meal ? Oh Wait I just thought of it. Having my daughter Ginny home with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, mom! I wish I could be there with you too. But I'm sure you're going to be consumed with Jack in your arms and Sarah competing for your attention.