Friday, July 17, 2009
" One Word ( Twisted ) MeMe's and Friday Favorites. "
I have decided to take the one word MeMe challenge from Eileen over there at " Umma's World ". I think that I shall put my own twist on it however.
I am aware of the possible consequences from the blogger cop Marcy over there at " Blessings Each Day ". I suppose I'll get caught. But there are times when freedom of expression overrides the BLOGGER LAW!
We are supposed to give one word answers. Which I will. With a twist.
1. Where Is Your Cell Phone? Table (always with me in case husband calls )
2. Your Hair? Ugly ( that's why I always wear a bandanna )
3. Your Mother? Bubbly ( way,way too bubbly )
4. Your Father? Dead ( that's as final as it gets )
5. Your Favorite Food? Cheese ( anything with cheese )
6. Your Dream Last Night? Forgot ( slept like a log )
7. Your Favorite Drink? Coffee ( Iced coffee at the moment )
8. Your Dream/Goal? Husband ( to be able to be with him everyday )
9. What Room Are You In? Living room ( downstairs not up )
10. Your Hobby? Blogging ( crocheting too )
11. Your Fear? Husband ( Not afraid of him, afraid of losing him )
12. Where Do You Want To Be In Six Years? Tuscany ( dream big )
13. Where Were You Last Night? Home ( where else )
14. Something You Aren't? Paris Hilton ( need I say more )
15. Muffins? Chocolate ( chocolate-chocolate chip )
16. Wish List Item? Computer ( so I won't have to share with Katie )
17. Where You Grew Up? Chicago ( Illinois )
18. Last Thing You Did? Coffee ( made myself an iced coffee)
19. What Are You Wearing? Clothes ( Duh! )
20. Your TV? Old ( but it works )
21. Your Pets? Lovable ( but spoiled )
22. Friends? Lovable ( but spoiled )
23. Your Life? Short ( and getting shorter )
24. Your mood? Happy ( but tired )
25. Missing Someone? Ginny ( I always miss Ginny )
26. Car? Ford ( a cute focus wagon in tundra green )
27. Something You Are Not Wearing? Bra ( don't like chest restraints )
28. Your Favorite Store? Lowes ( what can I say, I love home improvement )
29. Your Favorite Color? Blue ( for today, it changes all the time )
30. Last Time You Laughed? Today ( I called someone the wrong name at church, I'm an idiot )
31. Last Time You Cried? Tenth ( Spooky died July 10th )
32. Who Will Resend This? Nobody ( just take it if you want it )
33. One Place You Go Over And Over? Recliner ( Ahhhh! )
34. One Person Who Emails You Regularly? Roxanne ( my cousin )
35. Favorite Place To Eat? Out ( anywhere but home )
See now wasn't that fun? I am by no means an exciting person! Perhaps this would be of more interest if we made up answers! Something like this: 33. One Place You Go Over and Over ? Rome ( where else ).
Yes that probably would have been more fun. Perhaps someday I will make up my own little survey. One where the rules would be to let your imagination run wild! I think that would be fun. Hearing what other people dream about. I like that idea. I think I may work on that. What do you think?
Onward to Friday Favorites. I am going to be honest here. This can be difficult for me at times. There are a lot of things that I like. I don't know why but it is hard for me sometimes to narrow it down to any one thing. There are very few things that I own that mean that much to me. After all they are just things. Possessions. I don't like to feel like I am showing off.
The really important things to me aren't really pretty. Like a small box of raisins that I have carried around in my purse for four years. I am quite sure that they are not edible anymore. But I still keep them in my purse. My granddaughter, Sarah, gave them to me when she was two. She didn't want me to ever be hungry.
Or that old McCormicks spice jar that Ginny glued beads around, so that I would have a pretty spice jar. Or the " Merry Christmas " sign that Frank made for me in high school. Then there's the nut. Not the edible kind. The metal kind that fits on a bolt that my husband found on one of our walks when we were dating. He gave it to me. I still have it. It's not a diamond. But special none the less.
So this week I am going to post a photo of not a thing really, but a spot. It is one of my very favorite spots in my house. It was also one of the many deciding factors in the purchase of this house. It used to be where a phone would have been placed. The shelf on the bottom is where the plug and phone wires used to be. It had an intricately carved cover over it to conceal the wires but is was broken so I removed it and the phone plug and wires. The little curtain is one that I crocheted.
Nothing special really. Just a little spot that I like very much!
Posted by Diana at 5:30 AM