Saturday, July 11, 2009

" Satuday Salutations! "




Alright, I am back. Yesterday was a horribly depressing day for me but today I am much better. Katie did not show any emotion what so ever about Spooky's passing. I suppose this is normal for a fourteen year old. At least I hope!
I methodically made us dinner last night as I realized all that I ate was a giant piece of German chocolate cake. Comfort food I suppose. I
made us broiled chicken breast with cheesy rice, green beans and biscuits. I guess I was pretty hungry by then because I ate quite a bit.
When I took Spooky's body home from the vet., I started digging his grave. My son showed up soon after to finish my sorry attempt. I only made it about one foot down and my hands just couldn't do anymore. It helped to keep my mind focused for a bit.
Frank dug down two more feet in less then the time it took for me to dig one foot!
We then buried Spooky next to Zippers and Midnight.
After that I let it go for a while.
Katie and I watched a movie after dinner. " The Nanny Diaries ", very cute! When it ended there was still a little light left in the day so I went outside to replant some of the plants where Spooky had been buried. I also added a Cosmo, as I have so many around the yard.


Spooky is on the right where there is no cross yet. I was running out of light by then so I will find some wood today or tomorrow and make one for him. After I finished the cemetery, I watered all of the plants, all the while wondering what the local water company was doing with all of their extra revenue this summer. They raised their rates once again this year so I have cut way back on the amounts of plants I have and the amount of watering. Also as I was watering I couldn't help but think that it was probably going to rain. All I have to do is get my hose out and you can pretty much guess that it will rain!

After being eaten alive by mosquitoes, I went inside to bathe. As Katie was doing the dishes I took a ride and bought myself a bottle of wine. Merlot. It was good. I watched another movie called " Wonder Boys " with Michael Douglas,Toby Maguire, Robert Downy Jr. and Rip Torn. It was a crazy movie. It gave me quite a few laughs which I really needed.

After the movie I was off to bed and then of coarse, sometime in the night I heard the thunder and the rain!

Even though yesterday was a difficult one, it was made so much better by everyone's caring comments on my posts. They kept coming in all through the day and evening. When my husband is not here, I really feel alone but not yesterday. All of you shared your feelings and experiences with me and it truly, truly helped.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.







12 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Diana,
I am sincerely sorry to hear about Spooky, and I know that pets hold a special place in our hearts. A person hardly knows what to say at such a time, but know my heart goes out to you, and your postings have brought tears to my eyes. I wonder how you are doing otherwise, and what the doctor had to say. ((((HUGS)))) T

Tranquility Speaks said...

God always gives us the strength to see through all the things and situations that come our way. All it needs is some co-operation and willingness from our side.

Very glad to know you are better! Keep going :)

Wanda..... said...

Nice to hear that you are feeling better today Diana...I liked seeing your pet cemetery...Our dogs...Butter and Gena are buried on the property here...
I know you are taking antibiotics for your stomach problem...has it helped at all yet?
Take care Diana and try to destress...sit quietly relaxed with eyes closed...and breathe in slowly as long and deep as you can...exhale through your mouth slowly as long as you can...do this 3 times while picturing something pleasant(ocean,sky)... works for me...either that or chocolate cake:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with us, Diana. I wanted to know how you were coping, and I am comforted to read your post. Your family sounds strong...and I am thankful that you also had some time to yourself. You needed that. I send you a great big hug...and a whisper that it will get better.
Hugs and smiles,
Jackie

Annette said...

Just popping in to see how you are doing. Hang in there, Diana.
Love, Annette

Maria said...

Hi Diana... I am so sorry about your cat, Spooky ~
How sad it is to lose a beloved pet. My oldest dog, Muffin, is also my first dog. She will be 15 years old in September.
I know how you are feeling right now... We used to have two cats (husband is so allergic, we can't have cats anymore)... One was like Spooky... kind of a "dog-cat" enjoying hugs and hugging back! BoBo (his real name was Rusty, but BoBo stuck)was struck by a teen-driven car. A very, very sad time.
I do believe that all life energy returns to its Source...
God's creations are part of Him~always.
You are a kind soul to have taken such sweet care of your pets in life and after their passing on.
~Maria

Bernie said...

Hi Diana, I am so happy to read you are doing better, I was worried about you getting too stressed. I don't think that is good for you right now....I want you all better. Katy is probably feeling the loss inside and doesn't want to show it...thats okay she will when she is ready.
Take care Diana and know how much we all care about you....:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

So many hugs to you. I had mine cremated to be with me forever. We are picking out an urn for a permanent home. Have not found the right one yet.

Keep the memories close at hand.

Eileen said...

Diana, I'm glad you're feeling a little better.
I kept checking on and off yesterday, but I never saw this post of yours til this morning (and I checked late last night after my company left - I hate blogger sometimes).

I like the pet graves and I like that you have them all buried together.
We've lost three dogs over the years, but they are buried all over. Our Pug we buried upstate at our cabin (because that was his first home), I felt bad when we sold the cabin but we took his marker and brought it to this house. Our Gizmo is buried in my sister-in-law's yard (her husband and Ray very kindly broke through frozen ground in January to bury him there as we had no yard space left after the pool and deck were put in), and Susie got a beautiful marker for him. And our Jed is buried in one of my son's friend's yards. She always liked Jed and asked if she could do that for us.

I think that's nice you can have your pets altogether and nearby.

Do whatever you have to do now to feel a little better. I can relate to the chocolate cake. I'm big on comfort food. People say it doesn't help and it only exasperates things because you're not eating right, and I say 'Baloney' to that! It does make me feel better.

Anonymous said...

Diana...I came back here again this evening....wanting to make sure my friend is doing better. I send another hug...just because I can.
Smiles,
Jackie

Barb said...

Dear Diana,
I have just now read of Spooky's passing. I'm so very sorry for your loss of this special, beloved member of your Family. From a tiny furball, he grew to be (literally) a huge part of your world. I created my back garden as a final resting place for the ashes of my beloved Golden, Breezy. My Granddog, Josie, also rests there. I'm glad you put Spooky in the garden among flowers you can enjoy. How sad you must feel.

Blessings each day said...

I did check to see if you had posted even though I didn't have time to really even comment.

The posting is a good way to help deal with the grief so I was glad to see you post.

blessings and comforting hugs,

marcy